Monsoon season can bring up health issues as more than 80% of all diseases are water borne, and chances of contamination of drinking water are the highest during this time. A list of simple Do’s and Don’ts will go a long way in giving you that added protection.
• Consume freshly cooked food: Boost your immunity by eating a nutritious diet. Consume fresh and home-cooked food. Avoid stale foods, while raw fruits and vegetables should be washed thoroughly before eating.
• Keep Your Home Clean: Monsoon season provides an ideal combination of both heat and moisture for the breeding of insects like flies, mosquitoes, bedbugs, roaches, ants etc. These insects hide in the dark and the most unreachable corners of our houses and carry along with them bacteria and viruses which in turn can cause diseases like Typhoid, Cholera, Dengue, Malaria, Chikungunya etc
• Drink Purified Water: One of the most common sources of infection during the rainy seasons is water. Due to the heavy rainfall, the water that is supplied through the municipal corporation is often muddy and filled with germs due to flooding and mixing of drinking and sewage water. Consuming contaminated water can cause serious water-borne diseases like Typhoid, Cholera, Dysentery, Gastroenteritis, and more. Thus, to avoid this & to protect your family from these potential illnesses, using the best water purifier for home is crucial.
• Avoid Getting Wet in the Rain: Avoid wading in rainwater or going out during a heavy downpour. If you must, either wear gumboots or remember to wash the area of contact with soap and water as soon as possible.
• Avoid uncooked and exposed street food: Our digestive system becomes weak during this season so one should avoid eating spicy, fried, uncooked and junk street food as these have heated thermal effect on our bodies and make us feel lethargic and sluggish.
• Stay Protected From Mosquitoes: Use insect repellents that are safe for the skin to avoid mosquito bites. Stagnant water is a breeding ground for mosquitoes. Check your living space for any hotspots of contamination e.g. air conditioning trays, flowerpots, vases, and choked drains. If there’s a pond near your premises, then breed Gambusia fish as they reduce the chances of mosquito breeding. Alternately, call the municipal authorities for fumigation.
Cholera is a deadly disease that spreads during the rainy season. It is caused when food and water is contaminated with a bacteria called Vibrio Cholerae, found in fecal matter. Flies, which feed on fecal matter, are often the carrier of this disease.
Typhoid is a water-borne disease that is very common during monsoon season. It is caused by Salmonella typhi bacteria often found in contaminated food and water. Flies often transmit this disease.
This is the most common disease that affects people cutting across age lines. When your general immunity is low due to stresses and strains of modern life, changes in weather and getting wet can lead to viral infections like common cold, fever and throat infections.
During the monsoon season, people are more susceptible to fungal infections. This is because of the increased humidity in the atmosphere and the lack of direct sunlight for many days at a stretch. Extra care with personal hygiene is recommended.
Ultraviolet UV water purification systems for drinking water disinfection...Read More
Ultraviolet UV water purification systems for process Water Disinfection...Read More
Ultraviolet UV water purification systems for waster water tertiary treatment...Read More
Ultraviolet UV water purification systems for Swimming pool and spas...Read More
Ultraviolet UV water purification systems for the Reduction of Total Oxidizable Carbons ( TOC )...Read More
Ultraviolet UV water purification systems for Ozone destruction...Read More
Ultravoilet UV air purification systems for...Read More
Extremely heavy rain during the monsoon season is not new to... Read More
Monsoons are here and so are waterborne diseases that come... Read More
When it comes to the health of your loved ones, you need to ... Read More
Indoor air quality (IAQ) in the workplace is the subject of ... Read More
The benefits of drinking water are many. From helping you to... Read More
Paying attention to employee wellness is one of the importan... Read More
Much has been said about the health benefits of drinking wat... Read More